Valley Bees & Documents Supervisor
About the opportunity
Valley Industries are looking to appoint a permanent unit supervisor to join our Organisation overseeing our Valley Bees and Valley Documents division.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Supervise and support employees with a disability. Provide work support and other skills training for employees with a disability.
- Perform all production, sale and warehouse related activities required for the business unit in an efficient manner, while adhering to safe operating procedures.
- Demonstrate a commitment to high quality services for people with disabilities.
- Assist in the maintenance of all business records, prepare Incident Reports and update supported employees files as required.
- Support the development of skills as per the Supported Employee through the delivery of goals through Person Centred Planning.
- Maintain strong positive relationships with co-workers, supervisors and other Valley Industries employee’s
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Supported Employees, their families/care givers and all other external parties that have a role in the support of the Supported Employees.
About the candidate
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Ability to meet and support the needs of people with disabilities
- Ability to co-ordinate work in a team environment under general supervision
- Ability to train the needs of co-workers
- Ability to assure the quality of their own work
- Strong MS Office Suite (Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Outlook
- Strong communication skills (telephone, written and verbal)
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multicultural environment
- Previous working experience as apiarists is desirable but not essential
Why be part of Valley Industries?
- Excellent working conditions.
- Salary packaging options.
Valley Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
In order for you to be considered for this role this position you will need to have a clear police check and working with children check.
Applications can be made directly to: email@example.com
Please note: All applicants must address the selection criteria to be considered for a role. If an applicant does not show how they meet the selection criteria the application is unlikely to be considered.
Applications closing date: 22 January 2021