Valley Vintage Retail Manager
Valley Industries are looking for a proactive and energetic permanent unit manager to join our Organisation overseeing our Valley Vintage division.
Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- As a shop manager, you will have a can-do attitude to energise and support a team of paid staff, participants with a disability and volunteers. You will, engage customers and friendly and helpful customer service and be an integral part of development ideas to make op-shopping exciting.
- Reporting to the Corporate Services Manager you will be responsible for attracting, training and leading a team of employees and volunteers. You will be able to create an environment that is welcoming to customers whilst maintaining a high level of customer service and WHS compliance.
- In this hands-on role, you will be able to showcase your style and flare be ensuring stock is selected, merchandised and priced accordingly.
- Demonstrate a commitment to high-quality services for people with disabilities.
- Maintain strong positive relationships with staff, participants and other Valley Industries employee’s
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Supported Employees, their families/caregivers and all other external parties that have a role in the support of the Supported Employees.
About the candidate
To be successful in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Significant experience in retail management with responsibilities including merchandising, staffing, meeting budgets and customer relations.
- Clear and effective communication skills that build trust and respect.
- Highly developed interpersonal skills including conflict resolution.
- The ability to develop a team to effectively meet organisational goals.
- The ability to maintain a high level of customer service.
- Ability to work with autonomously and prioritise own and others workload.
- Understanding of Workplace Health and Safety obligations.
- Working knowledge of applied information
- Ability to meet and support the needs of people with disabilities
- Ability to train the needs of co-workers
- Strong MS Office Suite (Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Outlook
- Strong communication skills (telephone, written and verbal)
- Ability to work collaboratively within a multicultural environment
- Previous working experience as apiarists is desirable but not essential
Why be part of Valley Industries?
- Excellent working conditions.
- Salary packaging options.
Valley Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are encouraged to apply.
In order for you to be considered for this role in this position, you will need to have a clear police check and working with children check.
Applications can be made directly to: email@example.com
Please note: All applicants must address the selection criteria to be considered for a role. If an applicant does not show how they meet the selection criteria the application is unlikely to be considered.
Applications closing date: 22 January 2021